Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16th, 2009


Chthonic has come up two times today for me, randomly (well as much as chthonic is ever a randomly occurring word). This resulted somehow in Autobiography of Red (thanks D) appearing on my lap and I remembered that approximately 8 years ago today I was making a set of transparencies of Girodet's Endymion painting in different shades of blue. This was a jumping off point for blue and it's pleasing to think about starting that project.

This photo is vaguely chthonic, even if someone thought I was peeing between cars on the street (I wasn't).

Thanks Anne Carson, thanks NYTimes book review, thanks JA for kick-starting my knitting.
Endymion
Geryon

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo (and you). Perhaps it is time for the next year of colors. . . Autobiography of Blue, perhaps? ;-)

    ReplyDelete